Thank you for choosing Endoscopy Center of Yuma. To schedule or cancel a procedure, please call us at (928) 257-3629. A 48-hour notice is required to avoid any cancelation fees. To request an appointment online, click here.
What do I need to bring the day of my procedure?
- Your insurance card(s).
- Driver’s License or Photo ID.
- A list of your current medications.
- A portion of your procedure payment.
- Leave valuables and jewelry at home.
- Wear comfortable, loose fitting clothes.
- Plan to arrive at the center 45 minutes prior to the procedure. You should expect a stay of one to three hours total.
- If you’re younger than 18, you must have a parent or guardian accompany you to sign your paperwork. If you are an adult who is unable to sign the consent, you must have someone with you who is authorized to sign on your behalf.
- Bring the name and phone number of the person (must be 16 years or older with a valid driver’s license) who will be taking you home. You will not be permitted to drive, take a taxi alone or leave the center without an adult chaperone.
Before Your Procedure
- Read and follow your preparation instructions. If you have any questions regarding preparation for your exam, call (928) 257-3629 from 6:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday. If you have lost or misplaced your preparation instructions, you can download a copy from our website.
- Notify your doctor if you develop any sign of illness, such as a cold or infection, before the date of your procedure.
- A responsible adult, licensed to operate a motor vehicle, must accompany all patients to the facility and be present when ready to leave. We suggest only one person accompanies patients to Endoscopy Center of Yuma. We allow only one adult per patient and no children under 16 years of age.
Day of Procedure
- Upon arrival at Endoscopy Center of Yuma, please report to the reception desk located in the lobby.
- Following your registration, you will be escorted to the pre-procedure area where a nurse will assist you in preparing for your procedure.
- Casual, comfortable clothing should be worn. A gown will be provided for you to wear during your stay.
- Valuables, jewelry and hairpieces should be left at home. If contacts, dentures or hearing aids are worn, bring a case for safe-keeping. We are not responsible for lost or stolen items, so please leave valuables at home.
- We encourage you to ask questions and let the staff know of your special needs. We want your visit to be as comfortable as possible.
- It is very important that you arrive promptly at Endoscopy Center of Yuma at the time stated on your procedure instructions.
After Your Procedure
- Your physician will authorize your discharge from Endoscopy Center of Yuma.
- Follow the doctor's instructions regarding diet, rest and medication. It is not unusual to feel dizzy and sleepy after a procedure.
- Patients are advised not to drive, make important decisions or sign important papers for at least 24 hours following a procedure.
- Only one visitor will be allowed in the recovery area.
- Sorry, but no one under 16 years of age will be allowed in the recovery area.
- In the event of any difficulty after discharge, you should first attempt to reach your doctor at the phone number on your discharge instructions.
- If you are unable to reach your doctor, you may call Endoscopy Center of Yuma, Monday-Friday between 6:45 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.